I throw that word around~ love ~ about quite a few things. Generally, I most often really, really like it. In any case, I truly love these things….these things that bring me joy or peace or both. It isn’t often that I think upon them ~ I tend to take some things for granted. For that reason alone, I think that having a gratitude journal is a great place to start taking inventory of the people and things that you are grateful for. The things that aren’t obvious or expected…here are just a few of mine.
- The view from my lanai. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is or what the weather is like ~ the view is peaceful. Sky and protected conservation.
- When W points out cattle or horses to me on motorcycle rides. I usually see them first but he takes the time to show me while he’s driving because he knows how much I enjoy them.
- Sandhill Cranes.
- A motorcycle ride at dusk.
- The smell of an approaching thunderstorm.
- My Mustang. I know it’s a material possession but I love the way this car makes me FEEL.
- Weeknight dinners at home with my husband who shares his day and cares about mine.
- An orderly home and an uncluttered laundry room.
- The gift of time to spend however I choose. Freedom.
- When God orchestrates new friends and relationships to compliment and bless me in whatever stage of life I’m in. He knows my needs.
In whatever storm that we endure or in the tranquility of smooth waters, there are always things that can make us smile IF we take the time to notice. Be grateful today.