After yesterdays post, I just have to lighten it up a little.
It’s the little things that make a good day a good day. So here are the little things that happened yesterday ~ a regular ‘ole Wednesday.
- My brand new Keurig coffee maker makes a cup of coffee in like 30 seconds. At 5:30am, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that. I need it. Fast.
- I had the lanai doors flung open this morning before work and had some time to take my cup of coffee and my dogs out for some morning air. No snow, no clouds, no sounds… except birds.
- My friends caught me eating too many cookies during a webinar. They take accountability very seriously. 🙂
- One of my closest friends described herself as having “major breakthroughs” while journaling today. Love that for her.
- I went to Publix and the gift card I bought for myself in January still had 75 big ones on it. Cool ~ steaks for dinner…and they were fabulous.
- Enjoyed dinner with my husband of 26+ years. Okay, not monumental…but we’re beating the statistics every day so, yeah, monumental.
- Heard from both kids. I didn’t have to leave threatening messages that said “Call your mother” either. They texted and called me and, believe me, I recognize the blessing in that.
- We watched television and I was once again reminded that silence or music is just better most of the time. There’s just something about unwinding that is difficult to do with commercials and American Idol wanna be’s. Thankful for the quiet.
- Love that the dogs are sleeping in chairs; one snoring, one not. They’re just content when we’re home. We show up, they’re happy. Where else can you get that response from just walking in the door?
I told you it was just a regular ‘ole Wednesday but can’t we be thankful for just having a regular day? I think that if we aren’t intentionally thankful, then we’re missing an amazing opportunity to change perspective.